MGA school holiday photography workshop for 8-16yr olds
5 January 2017 to 25 January 2017
MGA is planning a School Holiday photography workshop series with local photographer Sandra Davis for 8-16yr olds.
If you would like your child to participate in this series of workshops, please register your expression of interest. Once MGA receives enough registrations (minimum of 8) we will call you to confirm the workshops are going ahead and organise payment.
Read on for the details of each week's session:
SCHOOL HOLIDAY Photography Workshop Series
(for 8-16 yr olds)
BYO camera and SD card for this fun four-session workshop with local photographer Sandra Davis this school holidays!
THURS 05 JAN 10am–1pm
Learn the basics of photography
- Learn how to take a great picture. Have fun using reflectors & diffusers outdoors and take a tour of the summer exhibition in the gallery. Plus you’ll design & create your own picture story book using instax camera’s and instant film. It’s going to be a bit crafty too.
THURS 12 JAN 10am–1pm
Still life photography: Set the table!
- You’ll style a delicious food photography shoot with fresh fruit & vegies from the markets.
THURS 19 JAN 10am–1pm
Curiouser and curiouser: Mystery box flatlay
- Each one of you will receive a mystery box containing mystery objects (no it won’t be lollies)! You will photograph them from above looking straight down on them. It’s called a #flatlay & it’s kind of a big deal on instagram. It’s time to get creative!
WED 25 JAN 10am–1pm
Wanted: Confidence and attitude for studio photography
- You’ll discover the world of studio photography. Using studio lighting you’ll create an indoor summer beach scene with props and then dress yourself up as part of the scene. Time to give your pouts and poses a real workout!
- (Note held on Wednesday, as Thursday is a public holiday and MGA will be closed)
Once MGA has received a minimum of 8 registrations we will contact you to confirm and to take payment.
Four session workshop series:
- $160 non-members
- $140 Friends of MGA
Prefer to book individual sessions instead?
- $45 per session
Each session include time for a picnic lunch and frolic in the beautiful gardens surrounding MGA (BYO lunch and drinks).
Questions? please email [email protected]
or call 03 8544 0500
About our facilitator Sandra Davis:
Sandra loves working with children. She has facilitated workshops at Kew, St Leonards and Ashburton Primary schools as well as school holiday workshops in photography at Monash Gallery Of Art. She also works alongside Arts Access Victoria to facilitate arts programs for adults and students with disabilities. Check out her website for more information