Art in the Park Community Festival | Presented by the Friends of MGA
4 December 2016
Entry to Art in the Park is free! Please register for your free ticket.
Art in the Park is an annual community festival held in and around MGA. Presented by the Friends of MGA along with their supporters the City of Monash Community Grants, Pinewood Community Bank, Ray White Glen Waverley, and Lions Wheelers Hill.
Free activities around the grounds and inside the building include:
- Morris Minor Car Club display
- face painting
- guided tour of the gallery
- live music - Chords cover band and the Moorabbin Brass Band.
Please register for the following free activities and workshops to secure your place:
Kids and Families (pre-school)
Storytime with the Wheelers Hill Library (2pm)
Kids and Families (suitable for ages 6-16+)
'Draw a Dreamcatcher' drop-in activity table (12-4pm). Once you have registered you can drop in at any point during the day. Parents must remain with children.
Wet-felting workshop (20minute workshops, adults can participate too) Session 1: 12pm, Session 2: 12:20pm, Session 3: 12:50pm, Session 4: 1:10pm, Session 5: 1:40pm, Session 6: 2pm. Select your session when registering.
Adults (suitable for ages 16+ only)
- Adults wet-felting workshop (40minute workshops) Session: 2:30pm
- Life drawing with Frank from Last Peek Life Drawing Events (costumed model) in the gallery, suitable for all ages, all materials provided. Tutored Session: 2-4pm
- African Drumming workshops. (30minute workshops). Session 1: 1pm, Session 2: 1:45pm, Session 3: 2.30pm
- Photowalk around the grounds with photographer Sandra Davis. Bring your own camera (any kind, phones included) for this fun walk. Session: 2-3pm