Join the team
Exhibitions & Operations Coordinator
Monash Gallery of Art (MGA) is the Australian home of photography. We champion Australian photography, and inspire audiences to embrace, explore and value photography. As Australia’s only public gallery solely dedicated to the collection of Australian photography, MGA holds a special place in the country’s network of art galleries and museums. Working with a close and dedicated team, we are seeking a driven Exhibitions and Operations Coordinator to lead the installation team, and to drive excellence in operations.
A part-time opportunity at 0.8, the Exhibitions & Operations Coordinator is highly motivated with a detailed focus and well-developed project coordination skills to oversee and coordinate exhibitions and facility operations.
This role will focus on:
- Coordinating and scheduling the installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- Overseeing the building maintenance and capital works programs for MGA
- Liaising with marketing and design contractors, coordinating design and delivery of exhibition related marketing collateral, and report on media coverage
- Ensuring the gallery’s compliance with OH&S and public safety
- Implementing sustainable and best practice systems and solutions for internal operations at MGA
- Experience in the installation, coordination and delivery of exhibitions in a public gallery setting, preferably with photography or works on paper
- Experience coordinating design and marketing/media collateral
- Experience in building maintenance, and project delivery for capital works
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with a small team to deliver complex projects within a tight timeframe
As a City of Monash employee, your personal and professional development is a key focus. You will have access to a vibrant health and well-being program, flexible working arrangements, training opportunities and have your achievements recognised through a comprehensive reward and recognition program.
Position Location: Monash Gallery of Art
Enquiries: Anouska Phizacklea, Gallery Director 03 8544 0500 [email protected]
Applications closed: 10 November 2019